Terms and Conditions
3. Access and use of the Outdoor America Services
Outdoor America owns and retains all rights to the Outdoor America Services. Content you access and view as part of the Outdoor America Services is owned or controlled by Outdoor America and Outdoor America’ licensors. The Outdoor America Services and the Content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. Subject to your strict compliance with these Terms, Outdoor America hereby grants you a non-exclusive, limited, revocable, non-assignable, non-transferable license to use the Outdoor America Services, including accessing and viewing the Content on a streaming-only basis through the Video Player, solely for personal, non-commercial purposes as set forth in these Terms. You may only access and view the Content personally and for a non-commercial purpose in compliance with these Terms. You may not, either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service, or other means, remove, alter, bypass, avoid, interfere with, or circumvent any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices marked on the Content or any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access-control measure associated with the Content, including geo-filtering mechanisms. You may not, either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service, or other means, copy, download, stream capture, reproduce, duplicate, archive, distribute, upload, publish, modify, translate, broadcast, perform, display, sell, transmit or retransmit the Content unless expressly permitted by Outdoor America in writing. You may not incorporate the Content into, or stream or retransmit the Content via, any hardware or software application or make it available via frames or in-line links unless expressly permitted by Outdoor America in writing. Furthermore, you may not create, recreate, distribute or advertise an index of any significant portion of the Content unless authorized by Outdoor America. The Content covered by these restrictions includes, without limitation, any text, graphics, layout, interface, logos, photographs, audio and video materials, and stills. In addition, you are strictly prohibited from creating derivative works or materials that otherwise are derived from or based on in any way the Content, including montages, mash-ups and similar videos, wallpaper, desktop themes, greeting cards, and merchandise, unless it is expressly permitted by Outdoor America in writing. This prohibition applies even if you intend to give away the derivative materials free of charge. You may not modify, enhance, remove, interfere with, or otherwise alter in any way any portion of the Video Player, its underlying technology, any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access control measure incorporated into the Video Player. Additionally, you may not do any of the following:
- use the Outdoor America Service in any manner that interferes with the normal function of the Outdoor America Service or normal access to the Service of other users, including by utilizing a disproportionately large percentage of the capacity of the Outdoor America Service
- access or attempt to access other users’ accounts through password mining or any other means;
- use any unauthorized means to modify, reroute, or gain access to the Outdoor America Service;
- interact with the Outdoor America Service in a way intended to sidestep or otherwise nullify any restriction or limitation that we have placed on the use of the Outdoor America Service by you or others, or to improperly avoid incurring fees payable to us or others;
- damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Outdoor America Service, including by uploading or transmitting to any element of the Outdoor America Service or to any servers, computer or networks connected to or accessible via the Service, any malicious code, virus, Trojan horses, worm, time bombs, or other computer programming routines that may initiate a denial of service attack or otherwise attempt to interfere with or disrupt the normal operation of any element of the Outdoor America Service; or
- corrupt, damage, steal, or access or use without authorization, any information stored, processed or transmitted by the Service or any servers, computer or networks connected to or accessible via the Service.
If Outdoor America determines in its sole discretion that you are violating any of these Terms, we may (i) close your account, notify you, and demand that you immediately cease use of the Outdoor America Service and/or (ii) use technical measures to block or restrict your access or use of the Outdoor America Services. In either case, you agree to immediately stop accessing or using in any way (or attempting to access or use) the Outdoor America Services, and you agree not to circumvent, avoid, or bypass such restrictions, or otherwise restore or attempt to restore such access or use. We may, in our sole and absolute discretion, change, suspend, or discontinue – temporarily or permanently – some or all of the Outdoor America Services (including access to some or all of the Content and any mobile applications or devices through which the Outdoor America Services may be accessed), with respect to any or all users, at any time without notice. You agree that Outdoor America will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Outdoor America Services You are responsible for any costs you incur to access the internet.
4. Outdoor America Premium subscriptions and billing
5. Accounts and registration
6. Collection and use of personal information
7. User material
- You may not Post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted materials, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights; You agree that you will not Post or transmit any User Material (even if made in a joking, sarcastic or unintended manner) that: is defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, or an invasion of a right of privacy of another person; is bigoted, hateful, or racially or otherwise offensive; is violent, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit; or otherwise harms or can reasonably be expected to harm any person or entity;
- is illegal or encourages or advocates illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them, including an attempt to engage in child pornography, stalking, sexual assault, fraud, trafficking in obscene or stolen material, drug dealing and/or drug abuse, harassment, theft, or a conspiracy to commit any criminal activities;
- infringes or violates any right of a third party, including copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or contractual rights or such party’s right of privacy or publicity, or any confidentiality obligations you may owe to such party;
- distributes another’s personal information of any kind without their express permission;
- is commercial, business-related or advertises or offers to sell any products, services or solicits others, including solicitations for contributions or donations, whether or not for profit;
- contains a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise tampers with, impairs or damages the Site or any connected network, or otherwise interferes with any person’s or entity’s use or enjoyment of the Site or the Outdoor America Services;
- does not pertain to the designated topic or theme of the activity, including, but not limited to, being antisocial, disruptive or destructive including “flaming”, “spamming”, “flooding”, “trolling”, and “griefing”, as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet;
- refers to any website or URL that, in the sole discretion of Outdoor America, Inc., contains material that is inappropriate for the Site, contains content that would be prohibited on the Site, or violates the letter or spirit of these Terms; and/or is otherwise inappropriate for children.
Despite these restrictions, please be aware that some material provided by users may be objectionable, unlawful, inaccurate, or inappropriate. Outdoor America does not endorse any User Material, and User Material that is Posted does not reflect the opinions or policies of Outdoor America. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor User Material and to restrict or remove User Material that we determine, in our sole discretion, is inappropriate or for any other business reason. In no event does Outdoor America assume any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any User Material, and you agree to waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against Outdoor America with respect to such User Material. You can help us tremendously by notifying us of any inappropriate User Material you find. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: “Inappropriate User Material”).
8. Linked destinations and advertising
Outdoor America, the Outdoor America logo, www.outdooramerica.com, and other Outdoor America marks, graphics, logos, scripts, and sounds are trademarks of Outdoor America. None of the Outdoor America trademarks may be copied, reproduced, downloaded, or otherwise exploited without Outdoor America’ express written consent.
10. Unsolicited submissions
It is Outdoor America’s policy not to accept unsolicited submissions, including scripts, story lines, articles, characters, drawings, information, suggestions, ideas, or concepts. This is to avoid any misunderstandings if your ideas are similar to those we have developed or are developing independently. Accordingly, Outdoor America does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas. However, if you do submit unsolicited submissions despite this request, you agree that all such submissions are “User Materials” and that you grant us the license set forth in Section 7.
11. Disclamer of warranties, limitation of liability and indemnity
WHILE WE DO OUR BEST TO PROVIDE THE OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE OF THE OUTDOOR AMERICA SERVICES, YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE OUTDOOR AMERICA SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE OUTDOOR AMERICA SERVICES, INCLUDING THE OUTDOOR AMERICA SITE AND THE OTHER PROPERTIES, THE CONTENT, THE VIDEO PLAYER, USER MATERIAL, AND ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR PROVIDED THROUGH THE PROPERTIES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, OUTDOOR AMERICA DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, COMPLETENESS, AVAILABILITY, SECURITY, COMPATIBILITY OR NONINFRINGEMENT; OR THAT THE OUTDOOR AMERICA SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, FREE OF VIRUSES AND OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, ACCURATE, ERROR FREE, OR RELIABLE. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUTDOOR AMERICA OR ITS AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE INVESTORS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND SUPPLIERS (INCLUDING DISTRIBUTORS AND CONTENT LICENSORS) (COLLECTIVELY, THE “OUTDOOR AMERICA PARTIES”), BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF THE OUTDOOR AMERICA SERVICES (INCLUDING ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES ADVERTISED IN, OBTAINED ON, OR PROVIDED THROUGH THE PROPERTIES), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER THEORY, EVEN IF THE OUTDOOR AMERICA PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE OUTDOOR AMERICA PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO OUTDOOR AMERICA, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY ACTIVITY RELATED TO USE OF THE OUTDOOR AMERICA SERVICE OR $50 (WHICHEVER IS LESS). YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE OUTDOOR AMERICA PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, DAMAGES, EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND COSTS), AND OTHER LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO YOUR BREACH OR ALLEGED BREACH OF THESE TERMS, YOUR USE OF THE OUTDOOR AMERICA SERVICES (INCLUDING YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT), OR ANY USER MATERIAL SUBMITTED USING YOUR OUTDOOR AMERICA ACCOUNT, WHETHER OR NOT SUCH USER MATERIAL IS SUBMITTED BY YOU. OUTDOOR AMERICA RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT OUR OWN EXPENSE, TO EMPLOY SEPARATE COUNSEL AND ASSUME THE EXCLUSIVE DEFENSE AND CONTROL OF ANY MATTER OTHERWISE SUBJECT TO INDEMNIFICATION BY YOU.
12. NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT AND OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”), Outdoor America has a designated agent for receiving notices of copyright infringement and Outdoor America follows the notice-and-take-down procedures of the DMCA. If you believe that any Content, User Material, or other material provided through the Outdoor America Services, including through a link, infringes your copyright, you should notify Outdoor America of your infringement claim in accordance with the procedure set forth below. We will process each notice of alleged infringement that Outdoor America receives and take appropriate action in accordance with applicable intellectual property laws. A notification of claimed copyright infringement should be emailed (subject line: “DMCA Takedown Request”): email: email@example.com To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Outdoor America Services that is reasonably sufficient to enable Outdoor America to identify and locate the material (e.g., the URL of the allegedly infringing material); (iv) how Outdoor America can contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner or the owner of an exclusive right in the material. If you believe that any Content, User Materials, or other materials provided through the Outdoor America Service violates your rights other than copyrights, please send a notification to the contact information above (subject line: “Non-Copyright IP Infringement”) and provide at least the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; (c) an explanation what rights you own/have and why you believe the content infringes your rights sufficient for us to evaluate your complaint; and (d) accurate contact information for you. It is often difficult to determine if your intellectual property rights have been violated or if the DMCA requirements have been met. We may request additional information before we remove any infringing material. If a dispute develops as to the correct owner of the rights in question, we reserve the right to remove your content along with that of the alleged infringer pending resolution of the matter. Outdoor America has a policy of terminating repeat infringers in appropriate circumstances.
13. LINKING POLICY
Outdoor America grants you the revocable permission to link to the Site; provided, however, that any link to the Site: (a) must not present false information about, disparage damage, dilute or tarnish the goodwill associated with Outdoor America or its products or services, any Outdoor America Court property or any other intellectual property; (b) must not create the false appearance that your web site or organization is sponsored, endorsed by, affiliated or associated with Outdoor America; (c) must not frame or create a browser or border environment around any of the Content or otherwise mirror any part of the Outdoor America Services; (d) must not use any Outdoor America trademarks without the prior written permission from Outdoor America; (e) must not contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial or otherwise objectionable (in Outdoor America’ sole opinion); and (f) must be owned and controlled by you or the person or entity placing the link, or otherwise permit you to enable such link subject to these Terms. You agree that you will not link to the Site from any source that is unlawful, abusive, indecent or obscene, that promotes violence or illegal acts, that contains expressions of racism, that is libelous, defamatory, scandalous, or inflammatory or is otherwise inappropriate (in Outdoor America’ sole discretion). If you do link to the Site, the link must be in plain text, unless otherwise pre-approved in writing by Outdoor America. Outdoor America reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate a link with any website that it deems inappropriate or inconsistent with the Outdoor America Services or these Terms. By linking to the Site, you agree that you do and will continue to comply with the above linking requirements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Terms, Outdoor America reserves the right to prohibit linking to the Site for any reason in our sole and absolute discretion.
14. GENERAL INFORMATION
We are a company based in the United States. Outdoor America’s goal is to bring you as much Content as is legally available. That said, we are limited by the rights that our content licensors grant to us. Using technologies to access the Content from territories where Outdoor America does not have rights or does not offer services is prohibited. Software and the transmission of applicable technical data, if any, in connection with the Outdoor America Services are subject to export controls. You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding software and the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
15. ARBITRATION NOTICE: EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED IN THE ARBITRATION SECTION BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND OUTDOOR AMERICA WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION
16. GOVERNING LAW: